The SC/ST Cell of Doon University comprises of the following members:
||Dr. Achlesh Daverey, Assistant Professor, SENR
||Ms Aabsar Abbasi, Assistant Professor, SoC
||Dr Sarita Singh, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Maths, SoPS
||Dr Asha Ram Gairola, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Maths, SoPS
||Mr Ashish Kumar, Assistant Librarian
Any complaint regarding SC/ST discrimination can be directly submitted to the Chairperson, or, an e-mail regarding complaint can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The objectives of the SC/ST Cell are:
- To implement the reservation policy for SC/ST in the University.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admission, appointments to teaching and non teaching positions in the University and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards the required quota.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in the University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India.
The functions of the Cell are as follows:
- To circulate Government of India and Commission’s decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled tribes in the University for different courses, in forms prescribed by the stipulated date and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, training of these communities in teaching and non teaching posts in the University in suitable form by a stipulated dated and take follow up action where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of SC and ST candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy by the Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onwards transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development /UGC and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from ST and ST candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in the University.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme if approved in the University.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs in the University for the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for various posts in the University.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering economics, social and education deprivations.
- The SC/ST Cell exclusively looks after the work related the SC/STs matters and no other work is assigned to the Cell.
- If the required date is not submitted by the given data, UGC reserves the right to withhold either plan or non plan grants until the required information /data is not received.