“Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched.”
Vision and mission statement of Library -
The Doon University shall become a centre of excellence in the chosen areas of studies and shall carry out research for the advancement and dissemination of Knowledge.
Objectives of University are:
- Offer state –of the art educational programmes in cutting edge disciplines of regional,national and international relevance,
- Conduct high quality and multi-disciplinary research to push the boundaries of knowledge in the chosen areas and,
- Provide a challenging and conducive environment for scholar-researchers to engage in pursuit of excellence.
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the University community. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to:
- Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collection and resources;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
- Collaborate with other members of the University to enrich the research and learning community
The Library’s mission is to lead the collaborative development of an academic information infrastructure that enhances and meets the changing needs of preservation, discovery, transmission, and the application of knowledge, creativity,critical thoughts and technology.
To support and facilitate the research, learning, teaching and administrative activities of the University, by organising, maintaining and providing access to appropriate literature and information resources in such a way as to provide optimum benefit for Library
To supply services and expertise designed actively to promote the effective exploitation of Library and information resources, including the teaching of transferable information handling skills.
To provide an appropriate and comfortable environment, accommodation and facilities for the use of Library resources, and for individual and group study.
- To be world class knowledge centre in the area of Social Science, Humanities & Science.
- To support the University mission to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning & research at the highest international level of excellence.
- To provide knowledge resource to meet the information need of academic community of the institution.
The ultimate vision is to equip Library with world class infrastructure and services to support academics activities and as well as a state of art social learning center.